Sunday 2 June 2013

Meet Imelda

Well folks, I am delighted to announce I have came up with my gaming character idea and I have created her visually too in the form of reference and concept materials. The character I have made is called Imelda and she will star in a videogame with hack and slash, horror, stealth and adventure elements this fulfilling my client's Shiny Money Entertainment's needs. I took inspiration from various games during my researching stages (posts prior to this one) and jotting down ideas in my spare time too. So without further ado I give you Imelda's Bio. I would also like to mention the story involves Imelda travelling through time/portals hence why there is two profiles for her, one being a young child profile and the next being her adult witch state, you can see some of my reference material as to how I would like Imelda to appear as in her young and adult states. These images are from existing games with the source being provided at the end of this post. I will put up my own concepts in another post. Enjoy!

Imelda (Real World, Young Version) (Bio)










¨Age: 15 yrs old

¨Interested in: Fictional Fairy Tales, Rhymes and other fantasy materials.

¨Studies at the Orphanage from which she entered at a young age, after the passing of her mother.

¨Appearance: In the real world she is often seen as wearing a small elegant dress.

¨Motivation: To stop other world (Fantasy Creations) beings from crossing over into the real world.

¨In the real world Imelda is defenseless and has no real weapons at her disposal.

¨Traits: Shy, good at problem solving, easily scared, forgiving towards others. 

Imelda (Fantasy World, Adult Version) (Bio)








¨Age: 30 years old.

¨Excels in mystic arts, magic and witchcraft.

¨Apart from her mystic skills Imelda’s weapon of choice is a sword in which she uses to hack multiple enemies at once.

¨Motivation: To seal of the portals/gateways  from the fictional lands to the real world. Another motivation of Imelda’s in this world is to free the innocent souls from which they have been transformed into dark fictional characters .

¨Traits: Expert in witchcraft, confident, takes no prisoners attitude, will do whatever possible to see her meet her goals.  

This concludes Imelda's Bio and please do note there are two versions of my character because the plot involves this character traveling through mystic and dark fairy tale fantasy like worlds in conjunction with the games story and gameplay elements. These transitions take place once the player goes through a portal in the game from young Imelda to adult Imelda, advancing her age 15 years older to her younger self. 

Ref Image Source of Young Imelda Imagehttp://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/08/Bioshock-Infinite-Elizabeth.jpg
Ref Image Source of Adult Imelda Imagehttp://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-13/art/bayo-bayonetta-bust.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment