Sunday 2 June 2013

Additional Information on Faded - Inspirations, Sounds, Antagonists and Settings.

This post will provide additional information to you on where I got my inspirations from coming up with such a character (Imelda) and game play elements for Faded (the game itself). I will also detail some sound assets I would like to hear in the game, antagonists the player will face and settings the player may explore. He we go then:

Sound

The game will have many sounds within it, this mainly being the use of dialogue as well as atmospheric background music to suit the tone of the level that is being played out. There will also be numerous sound effects to ranging from weapon noises to spell casting effects.

Settings

I have envisioned for there to be many settings in the game based upon fairy tales but with a dark twist adding a horror element to the game. There will be sections in some of these settings where there will be many enemies to overcome hence the hack and slash theme, but I will also include sneaky or quiet sections from where the player must be silent exploring some of these settings, giving the game a stealth element of gameplay too. Below are three images showing some reference material I would like for some of the settings to be represented by.

Gameplay 

As mentioned previously in posts before this one, Faded will have a mixture of gaming genre elements found within it but the two defining elements will be of a hack and slash style element as well as stealth/horror gameplay aspects. This will be achieved in the game because players will have to slay many enemies making it a core hack and slash game, but there will also be parts where the player will need to think and out maneuver enemies in a stealth manner. Failure to comply with these gameplay elements may result in difficult situations for the player to face or they may possibly die in the game.

Antagonists

Although I was asked to just create one character a game needs a cast of characters and usually in the form of antagonists. Antagonists are the big bad bosses you face but are usually following orders from a primary antagonist. The main antagonist Imelda must face is her own father but in a twisted alternative form of his once loving self. All of the other supporting antagonists I had a visualisation of them being taken form a fairy tale but with a dark twist added to them. Below is a collection of images I had gathered wanting to portray the enemies and twisted characters Imelda must face on her dark quest. There are 4 antagonists being supporting boss characters, with the primary antagonist being the final boss, Imelda's father from whom can be seen in the middle of the images I have gathered.     


Inspirations

I got much inspiration from my fascination on all things horror and I have always looked upon works for younger audiences but thinking how I could apply my own take on them, usually being a horror element being applied. This was the ground work form which I have built this whole project upon with other inspirations being documenting in this blog too. 

Phew! If your still awake this concludes this post as I now will pitch my idea to the client and the next post will be my self assessment/evaluation on how it went. Nervous much? See you all later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment